- A polystyrene ball
- Sticky tape
- An ice block stick
- Felt pens
- First take your piece of card and roll it into a cone shape. Make sure it stays in place with some sticky tape.
- Then using your scissors carefully cut off the top of the cone, this is where your polystyrene ball will sit.
- Next trim along the bottom of the cone so it can stand up on it’s own. Remember - ask a grown up for help before you use the scissors.
- Put the polystyrene ball on top of the cone and use sticky tape to keep the ball in place. This will be the Kiwi’s head and body.
- Now to make the Kiwi’s wings. Draw two ovals on a piece of card and cut them out. Use sticky tape to hold them in place on the sides of your Kiwi.
- Next draw two big kiwi feet with three big toes. Carefully cut them out and stick them to the bottom of your cone. Then fold them so they stick out the bottom.
- Now it’s time to add colour. Paint your Kiwi and then wait for it to dry.
- Next use an ice block stick and carefully press it into the polystyrene ball to make a beak!
- And the final step is to make some eyes for your Kiwi. On a piece of card draw two big circles with two smaller circles inside. Then carefully cut them with scissors and use glue to stick them onto your Kiwi’s head.
And there you go – your very own Kidzone Kiwi.
For ideas and inspiration, check out other kidzoner's crafty creations.