- An empty egg carton
- Fuzzy sticks
- Sticky tape
- Felt pens
- First take your empty egg carton and use the scissors to carefully cut out one of the bottoms and carefully trim the edges of the egg carton bottom, so it sits flat. Remember – ask a grown up for help before you use the scissors
- Then it’s time to paint and wait for it to dry.
- When it’s dry turn your egg carton bottom over and take four fuzzy sticks. One by one, push the middle of each fuzzy stick to the bottom of the egg carton shell. Once you have all four in a row - fasten them in place with some sticky tape.
- Separate out the ends of the fuzzy sticks and bend them to create the crabs legs!
- Now take another fuzzy stick. Tape the middle of it inside the shell, at the front end. Then bend the two ends out in front of the crab. These are going to be the arms.
- Now you might need a grown up’s help for this next part. Carefully cut another fuzzy stick in half. Bend each half into a U shape and place them the middle of the arm. Bend the front half of the arm back over and twist it into place.
- The last thing to do is give your crab eyes! On a piece of card draw two little eyes and very carefully cut them out. Use glue to stick them to the front of your crab.
And there you go! Your very own Kidzone Crab!
For ideas and inspiration, check out other kidzoner's crafty creations.